24 March 2020

Control Your Lockdown Well And Enjoy Yourself! Online, Learn New Digital Skills From A Self-Taught 79-Year Old Frank A Hilario


The above image is shared by Bruce Tolentino on Facebook (clipart by Carrie Stephens). I suggest, of the 7 Things You Can Control and make good, choose “Finding Fun Things To Do At Home.” No, you don’t have to be bored to death! 

Here are 7 fun/fine things you can work on under self-quarantine. I can teach you any of these 7 digital abilities I have developed and am ready to train you digitally:

(1) Photography. Photography itself is an exciting hobby – once you master some basics, like composition. When my brother Emilio gifted me with an amateur camera in 1968 after my first child, Cristina Marie was born, I fell in love with photography. And I taught myself. I studied the masters (painting) at the library of Xavier University in Cagayan De Oro City and profited from their drama and details, including lighting.

(2) Creative Writing: Mine is not simply writing. Not the same or similar to what you can find anywhere in the world, including the Internet – I teach you how to thinkfirst so you can write next. There is no such thing as creative writing if there is no previous creative thinking.

(3) Technical Writing: I will be your Author’s Editor. Here, I actually and actively help you improve your draft technical paper for publishing – I tell you what you can do, not write for you. (Ghostwriting will cost you!)

(4) Journal Publishing: This is for scientific journals in the academe or science institutions. I was the Editor in Chief who made the Philippine Journal of Crop Science ISI or world-class where previous editors of the last 25 years failed.

(5) Magazine Publishing: If you have the funds, I have the skills to repeatedly produce entire issues of a monthly magazine: as writer, photographer, editor, and desktop publisher!

(6) Book Publishing: This is digital publishing, using software to prepare the texts, images, pages, files, prior to printing of final, multiple copies. For books of all kinds, including coffee-table books.

(7) Blogging: This is my current, everyday preoccupation. I write and blog every day. Usually, I need at least 4 hours to start and finish a complete, coherent & competent essay of 500 words.

At 79, thank God, I can assure you I have mastered all those 7 skills, now all-digital. Yes: All 7 are self-taught. Since I am a UP Los Baños BSA graduate major in Ag Edu, my private joke is, “I must be a good teacher because in all those skills I taught myself!”

The first lesson is: If you want something badly enough, you’ll get it!

So, how much to pay for any of those 7 skills to learn online? P100 a day, or P1,800 for 18 days. Day 1 starts with your bank deposit confirmed: frankahilario@gmail.com.

During this Coronavirus Lockdown, don’t worry about talent – worry only that you are bored. Then smile with the thought that I can help you enjoy inside even as you can’t go outside!@ 517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, 17 Sept 2024. Welcome to Los Baños! This Beloved Town Is Celebrating The Day, Which Is My Birthday! How Lucky Can You Get?!

Unbelievable. Oh God, I must be the most blessed person in the world – today, a whole town is celebrating my birthday! With Bañamos Festival...