19 July 2022

Book To Publish? For Help, You Came To The Right Place! Ask For FAH – Fast And Helpful

Digital Publishing is one Smart Revolution today. If you’re looking for a desktop publisher for your book, look no further! First with the desktop computer and later with the personal computer (PC), I have desktop published (DTPed) about 20 books in the last 28 years. Yes, I’m an original aboriginal, Ilocano.

Yes, I use Microsoft Word – while MS Word is not called a desktop publisher (DTP), my DTPing books via MS Word means I had mastered the ins-and-outs of this software a long, long time ago yet! And with my UPLB BS Agriculture major in Ag Edu, Civil Service Professional, I say I am a good student because I have a good teacher!

Discovering will get you places.

In 1994, I desktop published my first book, for UPLB professor Ofelia Karganilla Bautista (OKB) – her book was Introduction To Tropical Horticulture (Second Edition) published by Searca. The book’s Introduction in part says (searca.org):

The revision of the first [edition] was done with the recognition that there have been important changes and advances in the field of horticulture in the past 10 years. However, this book still deals more on smallholder horticulture. It also remains to be introductory in nature.

While this book focuses mainly on Philippine horticulture, the principles discussed are applicable to all countries of Southeast Asia. The language was kept as "popular" as possible for the benefit of those who have special difficulties with the technical language.

I was also the unofficial “Final Editor” of the book, correcting and revising where necessary (and telling the book’s main editor-author Ms Ofelia). It was all of 597 pages. I must have used MicrosoftWord Version 4.

In Dec 2005, I desktop published and edited my own book, Indios Bravos (Jose Rizal As Messiah Of The Redemption), 164 pages in bond-paper size. I published it in limited edition.

On Jan 2007, I began my assignment as writer from home (WFH) for the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)  based in India, when Filipino science thinker & leader William Darwas Director General (DG). I did the DTP for a total of 8 ICRISAT books by me and published in India (except #8):

(1)   Team  ICRISAT Champions The Poor

(2)   The Smart Revolution (image above is the cover)

(3)   Exploiting The Power Of Science, Transforming The SAT

(4)   ICRISAT Innovations Shape The Future Of Drylands

(5)   Science Of The Articulate: IMOD As ICRISAT & Partners’ New Drylands Strategy

(6)   ICRISAT & Partners: Political Will Applied With Science

(7)   ICRISAT & Partners: Thinking Globally, Acting Globally

(8)   Science With A Human Face.

All those 8 books were products of my writing uploaded to the dedicated blog iCRiSAT Watch (icrisatwatch.blogspot.com). Yes Sir, I used MS Word to write, edit, blog, collect and desktop-publish all of them!

What all those books prove is that you don’t need to look for someone who uses difficultAdobe InDesign or Microsoft Publisher to get your book desktop published expertly! Message me on Facebook for my email.@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, 17 Sept 2024. Welcome to Los Baños! This Beloved Town Is Celebrating The Day, Which Is My Birthday! How Lucky Can You Get?!

Unbelievable. Oh God, I must be the most blessed person in the world – today, a whole town is celebrating my birthday! With Bañamos Festival...