27 December 2022

Need Excellent Editor’s Help For Your BS Or Masteral Thesis Or PhD Dissertation? You Came To The Right Place!

Yes, I am a self-taught one-man band digital editor in Agriculture and related sciences. A little personal history, from typewriter to laptop:

1959-1965: Alumnus of UPCA, now UP Los Baños (BSA major in Ag Edu, Civil Service Professional).
1975-1981: Typewriter-based Writer and Editor In Chief of the technical journal Sylvatrop of FORI (now ERDB) of PH Department of Environment & Natural Resources.
2007-2014: Digital Writer From Home (WFH) for the India-based ICRISAT.
2019-2022: Digital WFH for the PH Department of Agriculture under Secretary William Dar.

No, you did not know that I am self-taught when it comes to writing, editing and desktop publishing whether it’s popular or technical in language. And yes, I began my mastery of English grammar and composition in high school yet, in the early 1950s, or 60+ years ago.

In terms of technical edits, I began in 1975 at the Forest Research Institute (FORI) where I became the founder & Editor In Chief of the monthly newsletter Canopy, quarterly technical journal Sylvatrop, and quarterly color magazine Habitat.

1959-84: Typewriter Days.
1985: I began teaching myself digital skills.

You can do much if you have the attitude and aptitude. Note: I was self-taught in writing and editing. My FORI days happened  during what I call the Era of Dinosaurs – heavy-duty large typewriters. What about quality of editing? Know that Canopy made FORI well-known at UP Los Baños where it was based, and among American and European forestry agencies through exchange publications, And because of Canopy, the maiden issue of Sylvatrop already had a foreigner (from the University of Ibadan) contributing a paper, on forest products.

Between my FORI years and today, I have edited countless BS and Masteral theses, and PhD dissertations in Agriculture and related fields, mostly from UP Los Baños.

I taught myself my digital skills for writing, editing, up to and including desktop publishing (DTP). I often joke, seriously, that I must be an excellent teacher because I taught myself who became excellent in his writing, editing & DTP works!

If  you look at the bottom image, that is a picture of how & why I enjoy my writing, editing & DTP works – I have 2 monitors, the external & bigger monitor for editing, the laptop & smaller monitor for viewing whatever, to entertain or inform me further. How can I lose?

About the top image, ANN says, “The Top 10 Online Thesis Editing And Proofreading Services” (Author Not Named, 14 May 2021, TrueEditors, trueeditors.com); here’s a quote:

Even the most serious students get chills when it comes to writing their [theses]. Temperatures will [rise] high after having to work on a [manuscript] that will eventually be accountable for the “partial completion” of your degree. [For better results], you must submit your thesis to a professional thesis editing service [first].

Notice the 5 [brackets] above? I Filipino edited the American editor! A digital one-man band, I offer a complete set of editing & proofreading services. PM me on Facebook for my email.@517

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, 17 Sept 2024. Welcome to Los Baños! This Beloved Town Is Celebrating The Day, Which Is My Birthday! How Lucky Can You Get?!

Unbelievable. Oh God, I must be the most blessed person in the world – today, a whole town is celebrating my birthday! With Bañamos Festival...