03 January 2024

For Your Technical Manuscripts “Rich Editing, All Digital” – The Incomparable, The Editor In Chief

Wanted Editor!? Thesis, Dissertation, technical paper for publication – if you want fast & enriching & intelligent editing of your manuscript, comment-request for “Frank's Edit” via this blog, “The Editor In Chief” – you’ll be glad you did! 
(“Your Best” from nywib.org, “Be Fast” from vecteezy.com)

If you don’t know me, read!

I’m a Filipino, an alumnus of the UP College of Agriculture (now UP Los Baños), major in Ag Edu, 1965. Civil Service Professional, 1964 – the very first “Teacher’s Exam” (now “Licensure Examination for Teachers.”).

Here are my actual rich, enlightening experiences in writing & editing science-based and/or technical stuff:

(1) Typewriter Years, 1975-1980.
Local: Forest Research Institute (FORI), Philippines 

I fathered FORI’s monthly newsletter Canopy, quarterly technical journal Sylvatrop, and quarterly color magazine Habitat. I was The Editor In Chief of all 3 publications. I don’t remember any issue late. Those were days of the typewriter, non-digital commercial press – it could take 1 month to print your newsletter if you don’t watch out! No issue of those publications was ever late – we did watch over the entire mechanical printing inside the press building.

(2) Digital Years, 2007-2014.
International: International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Patancheru (near Hyderabad), India.

I was Writer (blogger), Editor & Desktop Publisher for ICRISAT, producing 8 volumes in 8 years as Writer From Home (WFH), Manila.

From 2007 to 2014, ICRISAT published 7 books all written by me, based on my blogs. I did the initial desktop publishing of those books; printing was in India 4,600 km away.

ICRISAT is a member of the CGIAR Group – I was WFH for ICRISAT from Jan 2007 to Dec 2014. I was already adept at digital works – writing, editing and desktop publishing. All by myself, I uploaded all my articles in the blog “iCRiSAT Watch.” Out of those articles, ICRISAT published 7 books of mine (you could write ICRISAT and ask for a copy).

(3) Professionally Challenging Years, 2003-2008.
Local/International: Philippine Journal of Crop Science (PJCS)

PJCS is owned by the Crop Science Society of the Philippines (CSSP). The PJCS was literally struggling locally and ambitious internationally – going after inclusion in the international elite list called “ISI” (now “Web Of Science”)!  When the PJCS hired me as Editor In Chief, 2003, the journal was already 3 years late in its 3-times-a-year issues – I had to begin with the 1st issue of 2001 actually! It was literally a job for Superman.

Singlehandedly and 100% digitally, double-time, I made the PJCS up-to-date in 3 years (2003-2005). And then: I brought the journal to the internationally desired ISI/Web of Science level 2 years later (2007).

Explain unprecedented achievements? One: Science background. I am an alumnus of UP Los Baños, BSA major in Ag Edu, 1965, weighted average 2.36. Two: Digital mastery. I already had 18 years of experience in digital works, beginning with WordStar (v1) on Innocents Day, 1985. Three: Experience plus Passion plus Determination – ask me to do something impossible writing & editing & desktop publishing, and I will do it!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, 17 Sept 2024. Welcome to Los Baños! This Beloved Town Is Celebrating The Day, Which Is My Birthday! How Lucky Can You Get?!

Unbelievable. Oh God, I must be the most blessed person in the world – today, a whole town is celebrating my birthday! With Bañamos Festival...