30 July 2024

Teodoro Brawner Baguilat Jr, How About Leading The “Enrich The Rice Farmers Movement”?

 

Mr Baguilat, I am looking for a kindred spirit, and reading the Wikipedia page on you, I am heartened that among other things, you belong to two indigenous tribes: Tuwali in ifugao and Gaddang in Nueva Vizcaya. And you are President of the Global Consortium for Indigenous and Community Conserved Areas (ICCA Consortium), an advisory body to the United Nations.

Now then, Mr Teddy, how about you and I initiating a digital group we can call “Gulat Baguilat” – Surprise! Native intelligences can be used to enrich Pinoy farmers!

It will have to be digital at the start because right now you are young, 58 years old today, 30 July 2024 – Happy Birthday, Sir! But I have 1 bad back and 2 bad ears! I am mobile only mentally and digitally – I roam the world of knowledge every single day with my laptop. I have been doing that since 1991, when the Internet came to the Philippines.

Sir, as you are President of the the Global Consortium for Indigenous and Community Conserved Areas (ICCA Consortium), an advisory body to the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity, via “Gulat Baguilat,” together digitally we would like to elevate the goal of the ICCA from “conservation” to “enrichment” of not only the conserved areas but also the commercial areas.
(Image sources: top, from Twitter, x.com; bottom from achieversrule.com)

In the first place, it is the commercial areas of agriculture that are contributing much to Climate Change, generating greenhouse gases that come back to us as the destructive “El Niño” and “La Niña.”

What we need to propagate is called “Regenerative Agriculture,” which comprises these familiar practices:

1, Cover Cropping
2, Crop Rotation
3, Farm Crops + Tree Crops (Agroforestry)
4, Green Manuring
5, Intercropping
6, Multiple Cropping
7, No-Till Farming
8, Organic Fertilization
9, Ratooning
10, Rotational Grazing
11, “Three Sisters” Planting
12, Trap Cropping
13, Trash Mulching.

If you are interested, you can contact me via Facebook, where I have a page. In the meantime, you can browse 2 of my active blogs:
“Communication For Development Of Vibrant Villages (blogspot.com)
“The Editor In Chief” (blogspot.com)

Of course, we need financing, and that is where you come in. Initially, we could use PH 1M to create the group, assign a physical office, designate people’s jobs, and purchase digital workhorses. Start with 10 people?

I will be The Editor In Chief, in charge of all media communications, to make sure they confirm to what I call “THINK! Journalism” –

Is it
True? If True, is it
Helpful? If Helpful, is it
Inspiring? If Inspiring, is it
Necessary? If Necessary, is it
Kind? THINK!

No Sir, not the kind of journalism that gave Maria Ressa the Nobel Peace Prize in 2021, which is called “TRUTH Journalism”. I don’t mind that I never get the Nobel Peace Prize – I mind that I will get the People’s Peace Price!

Yes Sir, Mr Baguilat. Our everlasting gift to the Filipino people, not the least the indigenous tribes, would be to enrich all Filipino farmers!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, 17 Sept 2024. Welcome to Los Baños! This Beloved Town Is Celebrating The Day, Which Is My Birthday! How Lucky Can You Get?!

Unbelievable. Oh God, I must be the most blessed person in the world – today, a whole town is celebrating my birthday! With Bañamos Festival...