14 October 2023

For Creativity, My Keyboard Lessons Are More Than Mechanical – They Are Lessons For Setting The Mind Free For Rich Thinking

I have been blogging using the same brand of PC keyboard since 2000 – the A4TECH. Above, Christine Joy Bagalanon Refresca shares on Facebook Friday the Thirteenth 2023 Samir Kumar Bardhan’s illustrated post on the topics “Hand Position On Keyboard,” “Fast Typing Tips,” “Introduction To Computer Keyboard,” Keyboarding Chart,” and some Ctrl shortcuts.

Samir explains not in English, so I cut him off, literally. Yes, the PC keyboard is extremely important to me as a digital writer, editor, desktop publisher, and blogger. Today, even as I just turned 83 (thank God!), I blog every single day, meaning – I type, delete, rephrase, correct, spell-check, move a sentence or two, then compose an illustrative image with my text – all the while using the PC keyboard.

Yes, my favorite keyboard is the A4TECH, and from a PH seller of digital tools labelling itself “Thinking Tools Inc” – yes, the PC keyboard is a thinking tool!

Yes, my A4TECH is my indispensable gadget for thinking out each one of my essays – I have mastered the keys so that I can type with an almost 100%accuracy without looking! That means I can concentrate almost 100% on thinking and writing out my thoughts and editing them with pleasure!

And oh yes, I am using in composing my essays Microsoft Word 2016 – you got that right, not MS 2019, not MS 2020, not MS 2021, not MS 2023, not MS 365.

If you then call me a backward digital warrior – I will know that you don’t understand not only PC keyboarding but using the shortcuts of your word processing software. Those hundred MS 2016 shortcuts I have memorized help me escape Hell, typing such entries as ALLCAPS, Small Caps, italics for scientific names, names of sources like “Rappler” – I type "rappler" and it becomes “Rappler” as I press the spacebar.

Not to forget my name; when I type “frank a hilario” (yes, no caps), MS Word 2016 turns it automatically into “Frank A Hilario” when I press the spacebar.

And how do I turn a whole paragraph like this into large print automatically? I type the paragraph first, go to the first word (Ctrl+Up), select the whole paragraph (Ctrl Down) – then Ctrl+(Plus) 5 times. No sweat.

An indefatigable writer, here is what I wrote 6+ years ago (“Tuesday, 27 June 2017: Live & Let Die, AHA!” iPursuit Of Knowledge, blogspot.com):

I taught myself digital writing in 1985, and I have not stopped self-exploring the wonders of the digital world since then. Right now, I have 2 monitors: my Lenovo at 14 inches and my ViewSonic at 22 inches, and I have 4 windows of Word 2013 documents open, 4 different files, 2 at each monitor on "cascade" view, I have an external keyboard (the ergonomic A4TECH), and I have my mouses left and right – so I am armed to the teeth, easy to jump from one essay to the other as I write and rewrite and rewrite.

A4TECH, thank you for inventing this wonderful keyboard. Mwah!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, 17 Sept 2024. Welcome to Los Baños! This Beloved Town Is Celebrating The Day, Which Is My Birthday! How Lucky Can You Get?!

Unbelievable. Oh God, I must be the most blessed person in the world – today, a whole town is celebrating my birthday! With Bañamos Festival...