06 November 2023

“Boycott Sci Journals!” Nobel Winner Says; “Make Sci Journals Attract Climate Change Research!” The Editor In Chief Says

Nobel Prize 2013 winner American biologist Randy Schekman called for a boycott of sci/tech journals 10 years ago yet. His reason: “Many journals are more concerned [with] getting clicks than publishing the best science” (Ian Sample, “Nobel Winner Declares Boycott Of Top Science Journals,” 09 Dec 2013, The Guardian, theguardian.com). Very much more relevant, 2023.

Now, referring to myself as “The Editor In Chief” (TEIC) in digital print since 05 March 2020 (“Is William Dar Sleeping On The Job, Or BusinessMirror Sleeping With The Mouse?” Re-Discovering Heroes,  blogspot.com), I Agriculturist and TEIC say, “Better than boycotting people – convince sci journals to attract papers addressing Agriculture and Climate Change!” “Publish or Perish” applies to both scientists and sciences.
{“Publish” from thegamecrafter.com)

And what credentials have I to claim being “The Editor In Chief” in all the digital universe? My accomplishments:

1, 1975-1980, Typewriter-based publications – Founder & The Editor In Chief of the monthly newsletter Canopy, quarterly technical journal Sylvatrop, and quarterly color magazine Habitat, the 3 publications of the Forest Research Institute.

2, 1985: Typewriter-based ommercial publishing. At the Farming Systems & Soil Resources Institute (FSSRI) of UP Los Baños. My last non-digital book that I produced was Focus On The Small Farmer, 138 pages, published by FSSRI in 1985. Then I began teaching myself digital works.

3, 2001-2008 , The Editor In Chief. This was of the Philippine Journal of Crop Science (PJCS) at the time when the PJCS was late by 9 trimestral issues! As TEIC for PJCS, I was the only staff for PJCS! As TEIC, I made the PJCS up-to-date in 3 years – and with my quality editing, the PJCS became included in the coveted international list of journals called ISI (now “Web of Knowledge”).

4, 2007-2014, desktop publishing – In 2000, I started blogging. For 2007-2014, I was Writer From Home (WFH) for the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT). ICRISAT published 7 books with the contents all digitally produced by this WFH.

Now then, instead of boycotting those international sci journals, let us encourage them to accept – with pleasure and treasure – quality technical papers that deal with researchable aspects of Farmer Poverty and Climate Change!

I do declare: In relation to the people and the planet, that the utmost concern of science today should be: Regenerative Agriculture (RA). Why? RA is designed to
solve Farmer Poverty and
resolve Climate Change!

And so this TEIC is encouraging the State Colleges & Universities in the Philippines to conduct studies on how to –

(1)          clean up Climate Change with regards to greenhouse gases (GHGs) produced in Chemical Agriculture (CA).

(2)          improve the business situation in agriculture so that even small farmers will gain big, via Regenerative Agriculture.

What kind of research can be done in the name of Regenerative Agriculture? See my list of 13 that I call “Good Pluck 13” (05 Nov 2023, “Mixing Business With Pleasure Serving The Country – Would New PH Secretary of Agriculture Francisco Tiu Laurel Demonstrate It?” Rediscovering Heroes, blogspot.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, 17 Sept 2024. Welcome to Los Baños! This Beloved Town Is Celebrating The Day, Which Is My Birthday! How Lucky Can You Get?!

Unbelievable. Oh God, I must be the most blessed person in the world – today, a whole town is celebrating my birthday! With Bañamos Festival...