20 February 2024

Your Book Is Good, But It Needs Editing – Good Or Better Or Best Editing! I Always Do My Best

Above, “Get The Right BOOK EDITING” says Book Launchers (booklaunchers.com) – right there, they are right! But they are showing only “The Right” and not “The Best” book editing! American book authors and editors are not always right!

Above, why does Book Launchers only show the typewriter for typing and the ballpen for editing, but not the personal computer (PC)?

I am telling you: I am a teacher (UP Los Baños BSA major in Ag Edu, 1965), and I taught myself digital writing, editing and desktop publishing (DTP).

And I have the digital experience, having been The Editor In Chief of at least 20 books and an ISI-attaining Philippine Journal of Crop Science (PJCS) published by the Crop Science Society of the Philippines based at the UPLB campus in Laguna. So I know what I am talking about: “Experience is the best teacher,” as according to Julius Caesar. Roman military genius. As the one-man band Editor In Chief, desktop publishing with my PC, I made the PJCS up-to-date in 3 years (2003-2006) – and included in the international prestige list called “ISI” the next year (2007). Of course, the ISI requires high-standard editing.

So, I say: “Get The Right Digital Editing” for your book or journals! And if you get Frank A Hilario, I promise you the best!
(“Books & PC” from medium.com)

I will edit your beloved book using my experience of 48 years – (a) my editing typewritten pages from 1975 to 1985 – newsletters, journals, and magazines; and (b) my editing digital pages (from 1991 up to now) – books, magazines, journals.

Filmmaker Pamela Yates says, “The digital revolution has had a democratizing effect. Now anyone can be a filmmaker, but to be a good filmmaker is as hard as it ever was” (azquotes.com). Likewise, I say, “Now anyone can be a digital editor, but to be a good digital editor is as hard as it can be!”

I can do the desktop publishing (DTP) work for your book, up to the portable document format (pdf), which is the digital file that goes into the actual print. The pdf copy has all the necessary elements, from cover to cover, exactly as you would like them (and/or approve of them) to appear in the printed book for distribution.

Best to have that digitally prepared pdf first before going to the printer – so that at your convenience and right in your respective rooms, you and the Editor can produce an outstanding intellectual product.

More. Whether your book is about (alphabetically arranged) – agriculture, economics, management, science, technology – it probably needs an index to help the readers look for data and/or information.

You may think you are already very good in the English language and have had years of experience and do not need any editor at all – you are probably mistaken!

Also: A good Introduction will help sell your book – I can write that one. And an extensive index, I can prepare that too.

Frank A Hilario will show you best: “Go digital!”@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, 17 Sept 2024. Welcome to Los Baños! This Beloved Town Is Celebrating The Day, Which Is My Birthday! How Lucky Can You Get?!

Unbelievable. Oh God, I must be the most blessed person in the world – today, a whole town is celebrating my birthday! With Bañamos Festival...